NCS seeks classroom facilitators for part-time employment in the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools for the 20-21 school year to support teachers and families in the blended learning model necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Duties include
- aiding with setting up basic classroom technology for remote students and teachers, and facilitating classroom activities in the event a teacher is participating remotely,
- supervising students in assigned tasks,
- supporting students and facilitating connection during lessons where the teacher is remotely connected,
- managing classroom, including attendance and helping students to adhere to social distancing guidelines, health and safety protocols, and classroom expectations,
- interacting positively and developing supportive relationships with students as a trusted mentor adult.
Working hours for this position are for specific class periods or half days between 7:45 and 3:45 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. During scheduled hours, facilitators may move between classrooms and divisions according to need.
Successful applicants will exhibit good judgment and ability to maintain safety of all students and exhibit a dedication to the care and support of students in their learning. No teaching experience necessary, but previous experience working with children preferred. Term of employment is for school year 20-21 with potential for extension. Training will be provided.
NCS is committed to leadership in multicultural education and a culturally diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications for this position from candidates who will contribute to an atmosphere in which all are valued and supported. As a result, the successful candidate will support a curriculum in which students see themselves represented.
National Cathedral School serves 588 students in grades 4 through 12. Faculty and staff are curious intellectually, flexible, and collaborative, and they view education as an exciting vocation. Our students are engaged, fun, and kind, and they love to be challenged and viewed as confident individuals. Faculty and staff maintain a lively conversation about the meaning of an excellent all-girls education, an interest in pedagogy, and innovative uses of technology. As an Episcopal school, NCS welcomes people of all backgrounds and faiths while maintaining a close identity with Washington National Cathedral’s commitment to be a house of prayer for all people.
Interested candidates should send an electronic application. Please include a brief cover letter, résumé, and the names and contact information of three to five references. Please submit all materials in a single PDF document with “Classroom Facilitator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org