National Cathedral School (NCS) seeks an Assistant Director of Development Events and Parent Relations beginning July 2022. This is a full-time, 12-month, administrative staff position reporting to the Head of Development and Philanthropy. The Assistant Director helps to advance relationships with donors, alumnae, and parents as a member of the National Cathedral School (NCS) Development team. The Assistant Director provides project leadership and event management to ensure successful execution of events that advance the objectives of Development, Alumnae Relations, and Parent Relations. The Assistant Director helps facilitate positive relationships with NCS parents by providing leadership to and executing the school’s Parent Relations function and helps to ensure that events and parent relations activities align with the strategic priorities of the school and are executed professionally.
Additionally, the successful candidate must be an independently motivated, goal-oriented, strategic thinker who can execute among multiple priorities and succeed in a dynamic, team oriented, results-driven environment. Candidates will need to perform with a high degree of initiative while maintaining confidentiality and demonstrating superior organizational skills. NCS is committed to leadership in multicultural education and a culturally diverse faculty and staff. The school therefore seeks applications from candidates who will contribute to an atmosphere in which all are valued and supported.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working in partnership with Development team program managers to conceive, lead, and execute events supporting essential program areas including, Major Gifts, Annual Giving, Stewardship and Donor Relations, Alumnae Relations, and Parent Relations
- Serving as event manager, on site, for Development events and for the school’s Commencement and Flag Day, coordinating all relevant administration, faculty, and staff
- In partnership with program managers, creating event briefings for Head of School, Director of Development, Governing Board members, Administrative Team, and event hosts, when appropriate. Additionally creating and managing staff schedules for events
- In partnership with program managers and Operations Manager, ensuring appropriate data selection in anticipation of events as well as capture of event-related data following events
- Managing supplies of event support material and, in partnership with Communications team, designing and ensuring timely implementation of print and electronic event support materials
- Developing and ensuring adherence to budgets for events
- Maintaining exemplary relationships with external vendors, identifying appropriate new business relationships, championing the most productive partnerships for the school
- Providing leadership for school’s Parent Relations function, including the two major Parent Relations program areas: the Parents Association (PA) and Spring Benefit
- Serving as staff liaison with the Parents Association (PA), providing volunteer management and facilitating the activities of the PA including meetings
- Ensuring ongoing accuracy and functionality of PA by-laws, PA handbook, and retention of PA records as well as overseeing budget
- Identifying prospective donors and volunteer leaders for assignment to Annual Fund or Major Gift officers.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree; three years of related work experience including planning and execution of events; demonstrated success in managing volunteer organizations. In addition, the candidate will have strong communication skills, experience with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to handle challenging situations diplomatically and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues, senior-level executives, and Board-level volunteers.
National Cathedral School requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any boosters recommended and available to the general public, absent eligibility for medical or religious exemptions.
National Cathedral School for Girls serves 593 students in grades 4 through 12. Faculty and staff are curious intellectually, flexible, collaborative, and view education as an engaging vocation. Our students are engaged, fun, and kind, and they love to be challenged and viewed as confident individuals. Faculty and staff maintain a lively conversation about the meaning of an excellent education, an interest in pedagogy, and innovative uses of technology. As an Episcopal school, NCS welcomes people of all backgrounds and faiths while maintaining a close identity with Washington National Cathedral’s commitment to be a house of prayer for all people.
NCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more details, please visit the school’s website at www.ncs.cathedral.org. Interested candidates should send a resume, letter of interest, and a list of three to five references as one combined attachment with “Special Events and Parent Relations” in the subject line to:NCSemployment@cathedral.org.